Zesty Salmon & Parsley Risotto12.2.2018
A quick, easy recipe that all the family will enjoy.
This wonderful Salmon based recipe, courtesy of Waitrose, only takes 10 minutes to prepare, making it a perfect midweek meal if you’re in a hurry!
- 750ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 Scottish Salmon Fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 175g Arborio Risotto Rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- half a 25g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves and stalks chopped
- Grated lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Knob of Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus extra to serve
- Pour the stock into a wide saucepan and add in the salmon fillets. Simmer gently for 8–10 minutes until cooked through, then lift out the fish and transfer to a plate, reserving the stock in the pan.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate large saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the rice and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Ladle in a third of the reserved stock and cook, stirring until it absorbs the liquid. Continue to cook and add the remaining stock, stirring regularly until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is tender — this should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley leaves and stalks, the lemon zest and juice, butter and cheese. Break the salmon into large flakes and carefully fold through the risotto. Divide between bowls and serve with extra cheese and a good grinding of black pepper.