The Groovy Food Company Tofu & Turmeric Scramble08.2.2019
A tasty, healthy vegetarian dish, packed full of nutrients.
The Groovy Food Company is an award-winning British brand committed to sourcing and producing natural foods that taste delicious and nourish the body’s overall health and wellbeing. To view the full collection of The Groovy Food Company’s recipes please visit www.groovyfood.co.uk/recipes
- 2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Infused with Turmeric
- 1 leek, trimmed, white part finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150g frozen green peas
- 500g firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 Tsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Creamed Coconut
- 50g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 slices wholewheat seeded bread
- 2 avocados
- chilli sauce, for drizzling
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a small skillet or wok over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, chilli and peas. Sauté for a few minutes until leek starts to sweat and everything has softened.
- Meanwhile spoon the creamed coconut into a blender, add 50ml hot water and blend until smooth, set aside.
- Add the crumbled tofu, paprika, cumin, creamed coconut and salt. Using a wooden spatula, slowly break up the tofu as you mix all the ingredients together. Turn constantly to avoid sticking. Cook for 5-6 minutes until evenly combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat, garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Toast the bread slices. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a good squeeze of lime juice and seasoning. Spread the avocado onto the toast and top with the scrambled tofu, the remaining coriander and a drizzle of chilli sauce. Pop some lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.