Baked Sweet Potatoes with Peppers & Greens11.3.2018
Vary the vegetables for the filling – try adding red onion in with the pepper or swap the greens for kale.
This delicious vegetarian recipes comes courtesy of Waitrose. It takes just 15 minutes to prepare, with a further 50 minutes cooking time, and is easy to put together.
- 1 pack Waitrose Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 100g spring greens, sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g essential Waitrose Greek Light Salad Cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 tsp sumac
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Prick the skin of the potatoes and bake for 50-55 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the pepper for 10-15 minutes until very tender. Add the spring greens and cumin seeds and cook for a further 5 minutes until the greens wilt (add a splash of water if the vegetables start to stick). Stir in the lemon juice and cheese and remove from the heat.
- Cut the potatoes, squeeze gently to open and spoon in the filling. Sprinkle over the sumac and serve.